Class runs from 10am – 5.00pm.
In this five-day vegan cake decorating and baking course, the skills you will take away with you will include:
- Successfully baking vegan (egg and dairy-free) and gluten-free sponges that give fantastic results every time.
- Adapt your vegan and gluten-free sponges to create different flavour combinations.
- Working with both specialist and non-specialist ingredients to create different flavour combinations.
- Learning all the classic building blocks for free – from wedding and celebration cakes.
- Learning how to make vegan ganache and vegan buttercream (Swiss Meringue and American) different sponges and fillings, so that you can build a full ‘free – from’ repertoire.
- Get the best advice on top vegan ingredients to choose from.
- Learning the purpose of speciality products like aquafaba, xantham gum, flaxseeds etc and how to use them to get great results in your recipes.
- Advice on top vegan-friendly ingredients and brands (eg: food colours) and ingredients to be careful of.
- Learning how to create stylish modern vegan cake decorating ideas that look professionally finished and meet all of the ‘free-from’ criteria.
Recipes and techniques you will learn
- Bake a decadent gluten-free chocolate sponge (VG, GF, NF, SF)
- Bake a vegan lemon and raspberry sponge (VG, NF, SF)
- Bake a vegan biscoff sponge (VG, NF, SF)
- Make vegan meringues (VG, GF, NF, SF)
- Vegan royal icing (VG, GF, NF, SF)
- American style crusting vegan and dairy-free buttercream (VG, GF, NF, SF)
- Vegan and dairy-free Swiss meringue buttercream (VG, GF, NF, SF)
- Vegan and dairy-free ganache (VG, GF, NF, SF)
- Getting sharp edges – another pre-requisite, this style is much in demand
- Making rice paper sails
You will take home
- 1 single-tier lemon and raspberry drip cake covered with vegan Swiss meringue buttercream, decorated with vegan meringues and buttercream piping.
- 1 two-tier cake, 100% edible, with a 7″ extended tier gluten-free chocolate sponge covered in fondant to achieve a marbled finish with gold accents and a 5″ vegan biscoff sponge covered in fondant. This will then be decorated with edible gold painting and finished with edible translucent rice paper sails.
- All cakes are vegan recipes, some are gluten-free.
- You will also take home recipes for vanilla vegan, vanilla gluten-free, chocolate vegan, chocolate gluten-free and biscoff sponges.
Please note: Although recipes used in the vegan baking classes cover free-from elements such as vegan, gluten-free and nut-free, the course will take place in a kitchen that regularly handles nuts, eggs, dairy and wheat flour. Some of the recipes will also be using gluten-containing ingredients (wheat flour). Therefore we cannot guarantee against traces of wheat, gluten, eggs, dairy or nuts in the class. Please contact the school directly if you have any queries relating to this.
All ingredients and equipment required for our vegan baking courses, including transport boxes, are provided. All the recipes will be provided, including a list of equipment that has been used and where you can purchase these. You do not need to bring anything with you other than a notepad and pen. Please note that you will be encouraged to work at your own speed. This class is ideally suited for beginners as we will cover the basics of baking. The teacher will ensure that you work at a pace suitable for you.
If in doubt about your suitability for this class, please call us on 0208 305 1756 to discuss before you book a place. Teachers for each day are subject to change.
Please note that pictures are for illustrative purposes only.
We encourage you to ask as many questions as possible during the class. Please do not use lunchtime or time after class for questions, your teacher will need a break!
If you would like, you can bring a large bag to carry your cakes home. We provide sturdy cardboard boxes, but you may find it easier to carry your cakes in a bag such as an Ikea bag.
Please note that we do NOT allow video recording of our classes, either full or any element.
Please double-check the date that you wish to make the booking as there will be no refunds for cancellations. In the unlikely event that we cancel a class, a full refund will be offered. Please do read our Terms and Conditions on this website (find the link at the bottom of each web page) before booking a class. For further details, please email email@example.com or call 0208 305 1756.